So, you’re selling on Shopify and now you are wondering how you can create a mailing list. Well, you have come to the right place. All the promotions you are coming up with, each and every new product you have for your customers, and all the brand stories you have to tell your target audience, the very first thing that you need is a list of email addresses so that you can send your Shopify newsletter.
Let’s get down to the nitty-gritty of creating a Shopify email list
Check out these steps and you will end up creating the right Shopify email list.
Start with a signup form
The ultimate goal here is to capture more subscribers, you need a popup or mailing list signup. it will make a lot of difference where you place it, static on the page, should it trigger when a visitor takes a certain action on your website, or you can try catching them when they are about to exit your website.
Setting up your Shopify mailing list
- Either you can have a subscription box on the other page, or you can collect emails when a visitor is about to leave your website. These are the two ways Shopify enables you to collect emails.
- Three important things you need to keep in mind.
- Keep your branding, colors, and copy into consideration while creating a design.
- it is important to be very clear with your call to action button- “Keep me in the loop” or “Join our newsletter”, it’s always better to be clear.
- Pro tip: If you’re also doing SMS marketing, you can add a section to ask for phone numbers.
Getting people to join
Okay, so here you are not selling anything and it can be easier for you to get people to join. If you are planning to launch your business, this can be a wonderful idea to grow your mailing list. It is advisable to offer special deals in exchange when you are asking to join. Some examples include:
- You can offer a free consultation.
- It can be a discount on the first order.
- If you have any free downloadable resources, share them!
Some best practices you need to follow while building an email list
- Don’t go with email lists for sale, always work with actual potential buyers.
- Make use of your live chat to get more subscribers.
- You can also make use of social media platforms to grow your email list.
- Let people confirm twice to avoid errors in the data you get.
Segmenting your email list
If you are looking for better engagement and conversions, then segmenting your email list is something that makes absolute sense.
We have already got you covered with the topic- Some important things to remember while segmenting your email list.
Automating and sending emails
Now when you have everything all set, it’s time to decide what you need to send your audience and you can automate your email sending process with the help of an SMTP server for bulk emails, it will allow you to send emails with ease while ensuring high email deliverability.
The bottom line
Creating an email list doesn’t need to be a headache, you can follow these steps to get things done in the right way. Also, it is advisable to consult one of the most reliable SMTP bulk email service providers who can help you in making sending emails a hassle-free process.